Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Cloud of Ravens

I went for some grocery shopping today and stopped by the comic shop again. This time i got another miniature to paint. Another distraction lol!

This one caught my eye because of his name, Arkham. I am quite the fan of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. He's probably got nothing at all to do with Lovecraft but it is a really cool mini.

Arkham here is from the Anima Tactics range, and he is from the Black Sun faction. He's sculpted brilliantly by Juan Navarro Perez. I have not played Anima Tactics before, but the rules look interesting! And its also a game requiring just a few minis.


I managed to get Shadow Grey paint today and used it to color his robes. I really like the ravens perching on his arms and shoulders. I tried to follow the scheme as close of possible to the original image of Arkham. I left the eyes blank, as if he was in the grip of a spell, probably summoning more of his bird friends hehe!


Back view. I also added the symbols to his cloak.

The weekend approaches once again. Hope everyone had a good week :)

"Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."
-by Edgar Allan Poe

6 comments:

  1. Fast! I must push myself more to paint my backlog lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to grocery shopping? Haha.

    Wonderful painting as usual! Truly an inspiration to the rest of us lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dudes!

    @Krom
    I got distracted man haha! Am now getting back on track to painting my DA.

    @crazyrat
    Woohoo! I selected my orders for the Battlefoam and emailed em' to Ray. Now preparing for damage to me wallet lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. High 5! LOL!

    Battlefoam in march, grey knights in april, DE vehicles in june. I am going to alpha strike my wallet... lucky for the $700 I'm getting courtesy of SG gahmen lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah! Looks like a tough fight for our wallets manz haha! Yup, good thing u got gahmen reinforcements coming ;) Is it another GST credit thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its the "buy your 2011 election votes ang pow" you will get it too. Auto add in your bank a/c, same from the gst credit thing last time.

    ReplyDelete