Thursday, August 19, 2010

Updates...

Something Fantasy...

I have not painted anything Fantasy in a while. So here's the first test model for my Bretonnian Peasant Archers.


I did some research on the colors on the clothing of medieval peasants. Turns out they mostly dress in russet browns and linen. Some greens, yellows and maybe blues were also present, taken from plant dyes. Only the Nobility wore black, red, gold and had silk.

The yellow and red shield trinkets denote his allegiance to Duke Bohemond of Bastonne.


The colors look subdued and not too flashy, but i thought it was fitting for a lowly peasant heheh!

Something 40K...

Something for the Inquisition...

Inquisitor Gideon Ravenor (inside)

This is Ravenor's grav-chair.

I added some bitz and primed it black. Put a coat of Chaos Black on it as well. Its also test mounted on a Terminator base. I'm going to be adding more details and highlights :)

Will also be dreaming up some stats for him. Still a work in progress.

Thats it for today. The sun is setting and i'll rest me brush for the day ;)

4 comments:

  1. wooo daily updates. Loving it.

    I must say Skanwy your painting really improved alot. Really like the peasant archer, the highlights on the tunic good. The face best, really show the ugly dirty peasant look with obvious buck tooth sticking out.

    What colour or paints you use for the bow? I'm looking for that colour for my spears also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate :))

    I think the lighting hide the flaws hehe!

    For the bow i used 1:1 mix of Bubonic Brown and Snakebite Leather. The wood highlights were done by lightly drybrushing the bow with a used brush using Bleached Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the work done but what's with Prof Xaviers chair??

    ReplyDelete