Been doing some more Ultramarines painting and assembly. Successfully
resisted against the lure of Chaos...for now. I am sprucing up some old
Terminators and just painted up an old Termi Sergeant.
For the armor, I gave him a basecoat of Regal Blue under a white undercoat. Then I layered on the model a mix of Regal Blue and Ultramarines Blue (70:30 ratio). Then I highlighted the edges of the armor with a mix of Ultramarines Blue and Regal Blue (30:70). Then lines of pure Ultramarines Blue at the edges. The final highlights were done using Ultramarines Blue and the new Ceramite White (40:60).
I painted him as closely as I could to the old paint Ultramarines scheme. Him being the sarge means he has the honor of taking one for his squad. Usually he does not survive the heroic act, hehe!
View of side of the terminator sarge. The crux terminatus was much obscured due to many layers of previous paintjobs. I had to highlight the details by re-drawing them with pain. Lol!
Back view of the tactical dreadnought armor. I must say the back sculpt of the mini has stood the test of time. Nothing much of its design has changed as compared to the newer termis. WIP: "Thunderfire" Cannon
Well..not really. but its close! Here is the Hailstorm Cannon from Mantic Games Warpath that I will use as a 'counts as' Thunderfire Cannon. It made of good quality resin and the assembly was a dream. Assembled this in a bout 5 to 6 minutes. The parts just go together in slots.
Its also way easier on my Treasury than the cost of the original model. I got 3 of these Hailstorm Cannons for under $60 SGD. I think the
cost of the actual Thunderfire in SGD is about $110 to$120 maybe. But to
be fair, the actual model does include a Techmarine mini.
Still very much WIP, its just undercoated black. I did some simple conversion and switched the front plating to the rear. And added a searchlight on the top just for aesthetics.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Full re-charge in progress for me for the coming week ;)