Thursday, June 24, 2010

Valkyrie

Space Wolf Valkyrie (Miniature complete)

The SW Valkyrie is mostly done, except for basing which i have never done before. I probably couldn't base to save my life lol!


Side view.


Back view.


Front view.

I really enjoyed painting her, especially so because its for a friend (Krom). I painted her eyes with the glowy effect to hint at a supernatural presence.

Hope she does as well as his other Lone Wolfs on the field, God Mode man ;)

Fluff wise i know its not canon to have female space marines. But the Valkyrie can be 'counted as' a psychic or mysterious manifestation just like the Blood Angels Sanguinor. So technically she may not be alive in a sense but a part of the mythos of the Space Wolf viking-like roots, kinda like an avenging angel from Valhalla for all the men of Fenris lost to righteous battle ;P

I will leave you all with this rather inspiring Viking prayer from the excellent movie: 13th Warrior:

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother and my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live
forever.
"

2 comments:

  1. Wow you paint very fast. I like the bright colours! It look very "cute"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks YC :) I was rushing to finish it to pass to Defu tml haha! Yup, my image of Valkyries was of golden hair bright maidens ;P

    ReplyDelete