Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Flesh Tearers Lists


My Flesh Tearers will my army focus this month as I assemble and paint up some old and new miniatures for 3 lists that I came up with during my one week break.

Assault is the name of the game as Flesh Tearers are known for their lust of close combat to get up close and personal to the enemy.

My first list will be based on my existing Sanguinary Guard.

Flesh Tearers Sanguinary Assault 1850pts
1 Counts as Dante 2xx
5 Honor Guard 205
(4 Meltaguns, 1 Sang Nov)
5 Sanguinary Guard 250
(5 Plasma pistols)
5 Sanguinary Guard 210
(1 Powerfist)
5 Sanguinary Guard 210
(1 Powerfist)
5 Sanguinary Guard 210
(1 Powerfist)
5 Vanguard Veterans 200
(4 Meltabombs, 1 Thunder hammer)
2 Attack Bikes 100
(2 Multimelta)
1 Stormraven Gunship 225
(1 TL-Lascanon,1 Typhoon missile launcher)

I'm using all my available models to maximize their time on the board. They have been collecting dust too
long instead of collecting battle trophies haha!

The 2nd list is a Death Company one. I wanted to make up at least one Death Company lost given that there are a high number of brothers who fall to the Black Rage especially in the Flesh Tearers chapter.

Flesh Tearers Death Company
1 Counts as Astorath
5 Honor Guard
(Jump packs, 4 Meltaguns)
Upgrade: Chaplain Lemartes
8 Death Company Marines
(1 Powerfist, 1 Power weapon)
8 Death Company Marines
(1 Powerfist, 1 Power weapon)
1 Death Company Dreadnought
1 Land Raider
(Multi-melta)
1 Land Raider
(Multi-melta)
1 Stormraven gunship
(Typhoon missile launcher)

I'll probably convert a counts as Astorath to represent the Flesh Tearer's High Chaplain Carnavorn.
This is another assault list. I was not too keen on the Land Raiders, but they are the only reliable transport for the DC to assault out of and not have to wait a turn after disembarking.

The last list is one inspired by the Flesh Tearers assault on the hives of Stromark where the chapter's Dreadnoughts took out the enemy's high command.

Flesh Tearers Stromark Pattern List 1850pts
1 Reclusiarch 135
(melta bomb)
1 Corbulo 1xx
1 Furioso with Frag Cannon 125
-Magna-grapple 15
(1 Drop Pod) 35
1 Furioso with Frag Cannon 125
-Magna-grapple 15
(1 Drop Pod) 35
1 DC Dreadnought 125
-Magna-grapple 15
8 DC Marines with Bolter 210
(2 Powerfist)
10 Assault Marines 225
(2 Meltaguns, 1 Power weapon)
10 Assault Marines 225
(2 Meltaguns, 1 Power weapon)
5 Vanguard Veterans 200
(4 Meltabombs, 1 Thunder hammer)
1 Stormraven Gunship 225
(TL-Typhoon missile launcher)

It was really fun coming up with the lists and re-reading alot of the fluff.

The Stormraven gunship needed to be included as its an expensive model and I wanted to get as much mileage from my dollar as possible lol! Also its the only reliable anti-air I have. And Blood Angels and their successors are considered master of aerial battle.

I decided to make the list able to Deep Strike most or all of its units. Was also keen to make use of the Descent of Angels rule. This almost guarantees fast and furious battles :)

Well, I heard the new Blood Angels codex is probably just around the corner.
Hope it will be a characterful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment