Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Ranger & his Faithful Companion

The tale of Drizzt and his companions have ever been one of the most memorable of the Forgotten Realms. The friendship between his companions are also heartwarming and inspiring.

                                                  (Picture from Google Images)
I'm not really a fan of Dark Elves and am not relishing starting a Dark Elves army with the current prices. But I do have an army of Wood Elves, who boast the best Archers and probably the best Rangers in the Warhammer Fantasy world.

So I've decided to model up a Drizzt equivalent for the Wood Elves. The army book does not have much in a sense to represent the model of a Ranger and his trusty companion yet. Hopefully in the new book there can be such opportunities.

I did not want to spend money again on miniatures as I'm currently needing to conserve expenditure on the ol' war chest ;) So I did a super simple conversion using a spare Wood Elf Glade Guard archer and an old miniature of a lion I got many years ago.
I've not really come up with a name for him yet. But I've tried to stick as true to the image of Drizzt as much as possible. He's got the cloak like Drizzt's piwafwi cloak and sporting long hair (green stuff).
I decided to keep the bow and arrows as my hero is a Wood Elf.
He is also armed with two swords just like Drizzt's scimitars.
While not exactly Twinkle or Icingdeath, I'll be writing up a backstory for each of the swords too.
This is the old mini of a lion I found in my collection to represent my Wood Elves version of the famous Guenhwyvar. I have not decided on the base as yet, but that's more for gaming purposes.
But they do look great together no matter the size or type of the base. Can't wait to get them ready for some paintin' :)

Have a great week ahead everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great, I can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @myincubliss

    Thanks for the kind words. Apologies for the late reply. I have painted the elf and the lion since. Hope you enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete