Sunday, May 28, 2017

Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth Treelord WIP

It was rather busy time last week and I didn't have time at all to paint anything. Was really tired too after work which was not of much help for painting.

This weekend was more fruitful and I managed to assemble me 4 Treelords for my Sylvaneth Army. 2 Treelord Ancients and 2 regular Treelords.

I had chosen the Oakenbrow Clan for my Sylvaneth as I really like the contrast of the greens and reds. But I needed a test model. Should have went for a Dryad instead of a Treelord lol!

He's almost complete, maybe about 85%. Still got a few areas to paint up and highlight. Basing still yet to be done.
For the beard, I tried to go for a striking red color and painted on Evil Sun Scarlet as a base. But it was too bright and I washed it down with a mix of Nuln Oil and Seraphim Sepia. But it was still a tad bright and bloody. So I layered on Khorne Red instead. This proved much better as the red was not too bright.
Then I added Jokaero Orange to the Khorne Red to get a warmer glow to the model. I added more Jokaero Orange for subsequent highlights towards the centre for the loin cloth thingy. I then added some Flayed One Flesh to the Jokaero Orange and Khorne Red mix for final highlights on the most raised areas.
I used the same formula for the leaves, but added Dorn Yellow to Jokaero Orange and Khorne Red mix instead of white for the highlights at the tips of the leaves.

For the green interior, I used a basecoat of Death World Forest. Then Death World Forest mixed with Elysian Green. I then added Dorn Yellow to the previous mix for successive highlights.

For the bark, I started with Dryad Bark (a most fluffy choice of paint haha) as my base. I washed the model in Nuln Oil and Seraphim Sepia mix (50:50). Then I mixed in some Gorthor Brown to the Dryad Bark as highlights to the edges. The subsequent highlights to the bark were done using pure Gorthor Brown. Then Gorthor Brown with Baneblade Brown.
This was followed by Baneblade Brown with Flayed One Flesh. The final highlight was pure Flayed One Flesh with some white mixed in.
The luminous flower at the tip of the staff was done with a basecoat of Neutral Grey from Vallejo's Model Color range. Then I layered on Celestra Grey. Then a wash of Nihilakh Oxide. I then mixed Nihilakh Oxide with some white for the highlights. The most extreme highlights at the tip are done using just pure white.
It took a while to paint the Treelord as I was trying to find a color scheme that I liked. Well, 3 more trees to go haha!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment