Monday, April 11, 2016

Malifaux WIP: Izamu, The Armor

The last month has been one of transition and change. Am currently in a new workplace, and still gettin' used to the job haha! Anyways, here's to hoping it works out,

I managed to get the new Resurrectionist Arsenal Deck for Malifaux 2nd Edition (or M2E). Decided to paint up another model that I bought from a friend last year.
I went with black, gold and reds. The accents for the ghostly effect of the armor was done using turquoise.
I practiced some Gold NMM effects on Izamu's armor. Still need lots of practice lol!
I used Vallejo paints this time round instead of Citadel paints. I think Vallejo paints are comparable, if not better in some of the colors used. The Vallejo colors used for the NMM basecoat is Heavy Brown. Followed by Heavy Goldbrown. Then highlights were done using white mixed with Heavy Goldbrown. I also used Sepia to darken the recesses of the armor for some contrast.
I based him quite simply, using just sand and glue. I'll be looking to add more stuff on the base. And more highlights on the model itself.
Izamu will be my go to model to bring my list up to 50ss. He also really fits in with my Kirai crew.

I'm planning on getting a box of Gaki models as well for more crew options. Looking forward to painting them up when they arrive.

Have a great week ahead everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment